Jesse Tree- Day 12 & 13

Day 12-
Tonight brings us to the Ten Commandments. God, through Moses, has led his people out of Egypt. And as Moses meets with God on Mount Horab, God gives Moses the Law. And tonight as I think on this, I am simply filled with gratitude to Christ for His sacrifice. The Law condemns me because I cannot live up to it. I may be able to keep up one or two of God's law, but His word tells us that if we are guilty of breaking even one law, we have broken them all. And really, let's face it. I am pretty sure I can't even keep up one or two. But grace and mercy flow down from the cross of Christ for I am given what I do not deserve (forgiveness) and not given what I do deserve (condemnation). My heart sings- My chains are gone, I've been set free. My God, my Savior has ransomed me! And like a flood, His mercy rains. Unending love, amazing Grace.

Key Verse: Exodus 20

Symbol: Ten Commandments



Noah with the stone tablets




Day 13-

Tonigt's story takes us to Jericho. Moses has died and Joshua has become the leader of God's people. As they prepare to take the land that God has promised them, they must conquer the city of Jericho. God commands the people to march around the city once a day for seven days. On the seventh day they are to march around sevens times and then blow trumpets. When the people do this, the walls of the city topple and the Israelites conquer. The lesson for me tonight- clearly God's ways are not our ways. I wonder how stupid they must have felt marching around the city. I wonder if they doubted God knew what He was doing. I wonder if they were afraid that all this marching and horn blowing would leave them vulnerable to a counter-attack. But they obeyed. No matter what they might have felt or thought, no matter the doubts they may have had, their faith and trust in God was stronger. Oh I pray I would be like one who marched around Jericho- not perfect, feeling scared and doubtful, but feeling even more strongly trust and faith in my God and His perfect plan!

Key Verse: Joshua 6

Symbol: Horn or Trumpet


Caleb blows the horn on our ornament

Comments

Popular Posts