"Counting the gifts, one thousand gifts, isn’t an Oprah kind of gratitude. It isn’t a new age kind of feel-good exercise. It isn’t trendy. It isn’t pop culture. And it definitely isn’t comfortable.
Counting one thousand gifts is to live the radical thanks of Christ. It’s about an exercise in the age to come coming now and finding comfort in the Comforter. It’s the culture of believers really believing, the culture of God and the Blood of the Lamb.
This world doesn’t need Oprah gratitude like it needs Jesus gratitude. The kind that gives thanks for the bread and the nails, for the fire that refines and the blood that saves.
That gives thanks in the pitch and the thunder, the wind and Gethsemane black, that gives thanks even staring into the face of death because it sees His face in all things, because it fiercely believes in relentless Grace and the Hound of Heaven who can’t stop pursuing in Love.
That doesn’t gives nebulous thanks to the universe, but named thanks to the King of the Universe, the Giver of All, to Him who is the only Gift, for from Him and to Him and through Him are all things." ~Ann Voskamp www.aholyexperience.com
221. spring in the midst of winter
222. little boys' heads bent with dad's listening to frogs calling
223. bike rides and walks
224. open windows
225. the fluttering feeling of a little girl growing safely in the womb
226. a precious new nephew all cuddly
227. the smell of a new baby
228. best friends
229. my biggest loving a new sport
230. his tongue out in concentration
231. joy on his face
232. the way he adores them- Wo-Ah and Babeb
233. the way he fathers
234. kisses and giggles and days that cannot be replaced- moments to be cherished
" Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21