There are lots of things we love about our little house here in Rock Hill. One of them is the great backyard. But as great as our backyard is, there is no grass in it. It's big, shaded, has a swing set and tree fort and no grass. So, my parents and Jack's parents gave me the most wonderful early birthday present.... Sod! And on Saturday, everyone came to help us install sod in our backyard. I love the way it looks and the boys can't wait to play on it. And we're in for a rainy few days, just in time to water our new sod. I think it might be my favorite birthday gift ever!
Caleb helped by loading debris into his dump truck.
On labor day we went with our friends, the Chambers, to a local orchard for pick your own apples. It was super fun and we got lots of yummy apples, apple cider, apple butter BBQ sauce.... yum! Most of the good apples were up high in the trees, so Jack had to lift the boys up high to reach them. The boys loved every minute. And we got some really cute pics of all of the kids together. Thankful for places like Windy Hill Orchard. Thankful for friends like the Chambers. Thankful for days like last Monday.
526. the way he and eden sit together on the porch swing
527. the way he preaches the word
528. the way he fully participates in our family days
529. the way he lifted all of the boys high into the apple trees
530. the way he compliments me
531. the way he happily eats everything i cook
532. the way he takes initiative to change diapers
533. the way he talks to our children
534. the way he laughs with me, and thinks i'm actually funny 535. the way he reminds me of jesus 536. the way he so easily relates to everyone we meet 537. the way he knows me so well 538. the way his daughter already has him wrapped 539. the way noah wants to do everything just like him 540. the way he works to fulfill my frivolous desire for grass in the backyard 541. the blue of his eyes 542. the way he prays for our children 543. the way he leads 544. the way he sits with me on the back porch 545. the way he never makes me feel less than 546. the way he holds me when we fall asleep 547. the way he values my opinions, even when sometimes he shouldn't 548. the way he holds my hand 549. the way he comes home for lunch almost everyday 550. the way he loves