Last summer, we went to Cline's up in North Carolina to search for a dresser we could convert into our vanity and a clawfoot tub we could refinish. We found gems! And they've been waiting a year to be given some TLC.
On April 8 we got the approval and picked up our building permits. Jack got started the next day (thanks Hunter and Davis for the help!) turning this into our master bathroom.
While they worked inside, I started working on refinishing the clawfoot tub. I started by sanding the outside 3 times. Once with 80 grit, then 120 grit and finally 220 grit sand paper.
Jack got the walls studded that first weekend and then our plumber came out to run all the pipes. Jack did almost all the work on this bathroom himself. Our friend, Jim, helped Jack with all the electrical work- cause he's awesome.
We refinished the clawfoot tub. After I sanded, I painted the outside and the feet. Then we cleaned the inside, sanded it, cleaned it again, used acid to acid etch it and then refinished it with a spray on epoxy.
We refinished the dresser as well- sanded, new paint, new knobs, repaired the marble top, modified the drawers for the plumbing, and cut a hold for the sink pipes.
We decided to keep the original hardwood floors, so Jack refinished them.
It was a lot of late nights and long weekends, but on May 11 we had our final inspection. It took 1 month to go from playroom to master bathroom! Not too bad. That's why he's the best husband ever. So without further ado------ I present to you, our new master bathroom.
The bathroom has a pocket door. We reused an original door from the house.
Here are the comparison pictures!
We wanted to keep part of the built in cabinet. Jack took off the glass door and moved the solid doors to the top. Then he closed in the bottom part. Now it's a great medicine cabinet!
There are more renovations coming this summer. All I'll say for now is some walls are coming down! Stay tuned for more updates!