To My Dear Oldest Son

Happy 7th Birthday, Caleb! How did the past 7 years go by so fast? What a precious gift you are to us. I'll never forget the day you were born. Seeing your sweet face for the first time. The way your Daddy cried everytime he looked at you. And now here we are 7 years later and you are growing up so fast.

Caleb, you are growing into such a confident, smart young man. You are reading so well and excelling in everything you do in school. I am so proud of you and I love being your teacher. I love our time together, especially on Mondays and Wednesdays when your brothers are at preschool and we get to have some great conversations. I love talking about Jesus with you. I love watching you understand the Word of God and I love watching it change you. You are a leader. Your brothers follow you, but so do random kids on the playground. I love your imagination. You come up with great games and imaginary characters. You are a chatterbox! But I guess you come by that honestly. I love, I mean absolutely love, listening to you and Noah talking in the backseat of the van while we drive down the road. You guys make each other giggle and giggle and it is the most awesome sound. And I love the way you treat Eden. You are so very sweet with her. You adore her, that much is clear to everyone who sees you two together. You love to help her, maker her laugh and watch out for her. She calls you Bubby. I love it. And you are a great big brother to Josiah, too. He loves when you read to him and when you let him sit and watch you play your Leapster games.

Caleb, your Daddy and I feel so very blessed that you are our son. We love you so much and we are so proud of the way you are growing up. We pray that your love for Jesus will continue to grow and that you will follow Him with all of your heart. We pray that you will grow into a man who leads people to Jesus. We already pray for the woman who you will marry and pray that she will be a woman dedicated to Christ. We can already see the way that God is working in your heart. You are sweet, funny, smart and passionate. We pray God will use all of these wonderful attributes for His glory.

Happy 7th Birthday Caleb-Bear! We love you more!!!!!!!!!!!





















Comments

Popular Posts