June in Georgia

Jack spent 10 days in June in Savannah coordinating and speaking at World Changers. In the past, I've joined him. I even joined him two years ago when I was 8 months pregnant with Josiah. What a difference two years makes! There was no way I could have gone with him this year. In fact, two years ago when I went it was right after I was the VBS Director at church- dancing my rear end off on the stage and coordinating the week long event. How in the world did I do that 8 months pregnant?!?!? I guess my age is catching up with me cause there is no way I could have done either this time around!

So, instead, the boys and I went to Georgia to spend the week with my parents and my sister and her kids. Right before we left, I had a doctor's appointment. Here's a little side story about the doctor- our sovereign God taking care of us! When we moved I was already pregnant. I had my first ultrasound and appointment with my doctor in Georgia, Dr. Shin. Dr. Shin delivered all three boys and I really, really love her. She is an incredible doctor- I knew she genuinely cared for me, took my health seriously, and honestly was like a friend to me. In fact, at that last appointment in Georgia, we both cried! Honestly, finding a new OB was one of the hardest parts of moving. I found a practice here in Rock Hill, but all the doctor's were just names on a page so I chose one of the two women and went with that. The doctor was nice enough, but she couldn't have been more different than Dr. Shin- she was not very personable, and honestly I really didn't feel like she heard me- many times I felt like she dismissed my questions or fears- in fact, she put much pressure on us to choose to have my tubes tied. And although we have been leaning towards having no more children, we both didn't like the feeling like she was disregarding our thoughts or desires. About 8 weeks ago, my doctor realized that she is going to be out of town the week of my c-section and so the on call doctor would be doing it. She suggested we meet the on call doctor so we would know him, and then continue to see her until the c-section. We were pretty upset about this turn of events. Although she wasn't my favorite doctor in the world, we had seen her for every appointment and discussed every aspect of the c-section. And now we were going to have to have a new doctor with just a few weeks to go! But God, in His Sovereignty, was taking such wonderful care of us. The on-call doctor for July 12 is the founder of the practice, Dr. Revell. And we adore him! Seriously. He is so much like Dr. Shin. He immediately listened to our questions and counseled us not to do anything permanent with birth control unless we were sure- no pressure either way he wanted us to feel comfortable with our decision. He is a believer and this week is volunteering as the camp doctor at Camp Joy- camp for kids with down syndrome. His nurse is so sweet and kind as well (unlike the other doctor's nurse who rarely smiled). We have already been so blessed by Dr. Revell and have seen him for every appointment since finding out he would be doing the c-section. So, it was Dr. Revell that we saw right before our trip to Georgia. I was 36 weeks pregnant and planning a 3 hour trip to my parents. Dr. Revell, knowing that Jack was going to be gone on the mission trip for 10 days, said he would never take my trip away from me! But he was concerned about the swelling and fluid retention he saw. So, he said if I went to Georgia, I had to take cool baths and spend a good amount of time in the pool! Doctor's orders! Well, my parents have a jetted tub in their mater bath and my sister's in-laws just finished a backyard in ground pool! Perfect!

But the highlight of the week was that Caleb started swimming all on his own- without his life jacket! It's like a switch was flipped. He started swimming all over the pool, underwater- even diving to the bottom for toys. He would jump in the deep end and swim across the pool. It was amazing and I was so proud! I can't wait to get to a pool here so Jack can see him swimming like a fish!  

We had a great week in Georgia. The boys really enjoyed swimming as much as possible and playing with their cousins. We went letterboxing one day, we spent time playing in the Chattahoochee river, Josiah fell in love with his new baby cousin, Ethan. He insisted all week that Ethan was "My baby." And when he wanted to hold him would say, "My baby. Have it." Very cute. I got to work on homeschooling planning which was nice as well. And I got to take cool baths and spend time in the pool. All in all, it was a good week for sure.

 The Boys


Sweet baby Ethan

The pool

Hayden

Noah

Josiah and Owen

Josiah

Caleb

Owen

Noah and Hayden

Josiah and his baby, Ethan

Playing in the Chattahoochee



Fudgecicles on the front porch

Comments

Popular Posts