One Season Ends and Another Begins

We finished our Tree of Thanks on Thanksgiving. Every year, during the month of November, we all name what we are thankful for during dinner each evening and then we pray and thank God for these blessings. I love to hear my children pray about the things they are thankful for. We write these gifts on leaves and put them on our Tree of Thanks. This year, I found burlap leaves at Target on clearance! And we used a tree branch for our Tree of Thanks. I love the way it turned out.





And now, standing in the place of our Tree of Thanks is our Jesse Tree, ready for us to begin following the line of Jesse to the Messiah throughout December. If you don't know what a Jesse Tree is, you can see this post which has links to our Jesse Tree from years past. I've also written a Jesse Tree devotion for families with young children to use. If you want a copy, comment with your email address and I'll be happy to send you one!


We also decorated the house during the past few days. We always cut our own tree each year which is a fun tradition. We got a huge Christmas tree which makes my heart happy. It actually broke the tree stand and we had to go get another one! Oops! But I love it! Last year we did minimal decorating because we were still unpacking, so this year was a lot of fun decorating our new house. Did I mention my house has 2 mantles inside and one on the back porch?!?! So fun!












Comments

Popular Posts