Happy Birthday Josiah!

My dearest Siah-Monkey,

How can you be 5 already? You are growing so fast! Just this week I was looking at you and thinking how much taller you are!

You are the life of the party, Josiah Robert. Your facial expressions tell a story all their own. You laugh, you act crazy and you have fun. This family would be boring without you here.

You are super cool. At 5 years old, you already have more style than your dad and I put together. Luke keeps saying he's gonna get you a flat bill, and I gotta admit, you could pull it off.

It's quite possible you will be the best athlete in this family- you are tough, and fast and coordinated. I can't wait to watch you play soccer this fall. I think you will do great!

 I am so glad that even though you are growing up so fast, you still love to hold my hand, give hugs and kisses and snuggle with me on the couch. I will miss these days when they are gone. You are one sweet, sweet boy.

You love school- you love to read, but most of all you love to spout off math facts. "Mom, 4+4 is 8. And 3+3 is 6." "Mom, 5+2 is 7" will be heard a random times- in the car, while I'm cooking. I'm not even sure where you learned these facts! Smarty pants!

You learned how to ride without training wheels this year. We didn't think you were ready. You were only 4. But you INSISTED we take your training wheels off.... and then you just started riding!

Josiah, you are a treasure and a gift to me. I love you more than words can say. God gave you to me after a hard season in my life. What a beautiful gift of His grace you are to me. I pray that God will continue to use you. That you would grow to be a man who knows and loves Jesus, who draws people to Christ. I pray that your outgoing, happy personality will display the joy found in Christ to everyone who meets you. Happy 5th Birthday, monkey!! I love you, no matter what, forever and ever.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts