Tree of Thanks

We started this tradition last November and it was such a blessing that I wanted to share it on here in case any of you out there might be interested. We call it the Tree of Thanks. I hang a tree made out of brown butcher paper on our dining room wall and we have leaves of red, green, yellow and orange cut out on our dining room table. Every night at dinner during the month of November, we all name something we are thankful for, write it on a leaf and put our leaves on the tree. As I journeyed through Ann Voskamp's "1000 Gifts" last year, I became convicted that thankgiving is more than a day we celebrate once a year, but a lifestyle of worship. And so the Tree of Thanks was born. As soon as we take down the Tree of Thanks at the end of November we start our Jesse Tree, our journey to Christmas. (PS- More on the Jesse Tree later- I am working on updating it and formatting it to share with you!).




Comments

Popular Posts