An overdue update

So, I see that I have not posted for over a month now. Hmmm, I wonder why this might be? Oh yeah, I am kinda busy about to have our third child! :)

Well, life has been busy, but good over the past month. In the beginning of July, Jack went to be the Project Coordinator and Worship Speaker for World Changers in Savannah. And this year, I went with him. We had a great week. I am always so proud of my husband. He is an amazing speaker and communicates God's message so clearly. But, he is also such a great leader. The project went great, he dealt with issues and strong personalities with grace and strength. (If Audrie, Halley or Carter are reading this, can you say "That's Stupid!"?). We loved the Summer Staff and really enjoyed hanging out with them. I must say, for me, the week was very, very hot! By the end of the week the swelling reached maximum and I am no longer wearing my wedding rings on my fingers (don't worry, though, they are on a chain around my neck!).

We returned home on Saturday, July 4. The church office was closed on Monday and Tuesday, so after our Sunday morning service, the four of us headed to a cabin in Elijay for a little getaway. It was so nice to have time just the four of us. We stayed in a cabin in the Coosawattee River Resort so we had access to three pools, a fishing pond, playgrounds, the river and putt-putt golf all included in the rental! Jack took Caleb fishing for the first time, we swam several times a day, the boys walked in the river and we played putt-putt twice! We had a wonderful time.

Jack and Caleb fishing

Walking in the river

Mommy and the boys in the pool!

And since then, we have been slowly trucking along. We've spent a day at Centennial Park and had a picnic, taken in a Braves game, eaten lots of ice cream, and played at local parks a lot. We also went to a small local waterpark which was great fun! Caleb has no fear when it comes to the water! Jack is busy at church as we finally have the permits to begin remodeling the three bay garage into student space. It is so exciting to finally see this project happen! I have been busy with the boys and the pregnancy. I am now 35 weeks pregnant and feeling every one of them! Josiah will be here on August 27 and I can't wait!

At the Braves Game

Enjoying some ice cream


Caleb coming down the water slide head/face first!

Caleb and Noah are growing like weeds. They are a joy- really they are! Noah simply adores Caleb. I don't know if I can express it here how much he does. He wants to be where ever Caleb is and do whatever Caleb does. He got his first black eye recently- two different "accidents" a few days apart and he looked like he'd been in a fight! He fell off of our backyard playset and hit right under his eye. And then just a few days later, Caleb pushed him into a table corner and he got a big knot right above that same eye! Oh life with boys!

Here's Noah's black eye- although it was quite a bit better by this picture!


Caleb also loves Noah. It is so great that they are really getting to that age when they can play together. Their favorite game is chase and I love to watch them chase each other just giggling up a storm. Caleb is getting so tall and growing so fast. I can't believe he is 3 1/2! He can almost write his name- he has trouble with the B. And we went to a new park last week with a really high curvy slide. When he climbed up the three ladders to get to it, he decided he was scared and climbed back down. But about 3 minutes later, he looked at me and said, "I'm not scared Mommy." And he climbed all the way back up and went down! I was very proud of him.



Tomorrow Jack and I celebrate our 8 year anniversary. What a wonderful 8 years it has been. I am so thankful for such a loving and caring husband, a best friend and an amazing father. These boys adore their daddy, and I can't say that I blame them! God has given me more that I could ever have wanted! There are certainly days when I am beyond tired, or achy, or overwhelmed by all I do as a wife and mother. But I wouldn't trade it all for anything in the world. (I just need someone to remind me of that every once and a while! :) )

Then


Now

I don't know how many people read this here blog of mine, but I enjoy updating and writing to whoever you may be. I don't know how much more there will be posted in the next three weeks, but there will definitely be pictures and an update when Josiah gets here!!

Comments

You know I am reading and anxiously awaiting the birth of your newest little boy! Sounds like you guys are having a great summer enjoying each other and all things warm:)
O'Dell Family said…
I loved reading about your family! Happy anniversary tomorrow! Enjoy your special day! I hope you have someone to babysit the children for you, so you can go on a date!!
SmlTwnLdy said…
Thanks for sharing about your life and I'm excited for you as you expect your little one. My son is now 3 months old and I can hardly believe it. Enjoy these last weeks as much as possible.
Leslie M.
The Maguire's said…
i read it, i read it. keep the updates coming!! miss you.

Popular Posts