Josiah's well visit and a photo shoot



Today we went to the pediatrician for Josiah's 4 month well check. Of course, next week he will be 5 months old, so we are a bit behind. So, really this was a 5 month check! When the nurse charted his height and weight she did it at 5 months. He is looking great. He weighs 17 lbs 3 oz. (75%) and was 26 1/2 inches long (75%). He is the lightest of the three- Caleb was 19 lbs and Noah 18 lbs. 14 oz. at 4 months- but he is the longest of the three! The doctor was very impressed with his neck and leg strength. He hasn't rolled over yet, but I realized the other day that the reason he hasn't is that he is never down in the floor! He is always in some kind of contraption- the exersaucer, the bouncy seat, the bumbo seat- because laying him on the floor with his wild monkey brothers running around is potentially deadly! :) So Monday I started giving him more time on the floor on his back and tummy and he is already rolling up to his side. I am not sure how he's doing it but he is turning himself in circles while he lays in his floor gym. I will lay him there and when I check on him after a few minutes his has turned a whole 180 degrees around! And Josiah is always happy. He smiles at everyone. What a precious kid! And now, just for fun, here are all three boys at 4-5 months old.



I love living in the south. It is January and the temps are in the low 60's. We have enjoyed playing outside quite a lot in the past few days and I am loving it! Yesterday during one of our outside playtimes, I got our awesome camera and had a mini photo shoot. Again, let me reiterate that I have no idea what I am doing- I know nothing about photography, camera shots and angles, lighting, ISO, aperture- I just focus this amazing camera and take like 200 shots. And out of those 200, somehow I get some great pictures. Here are some of my favorite from yesterday.  


 
 
 



 
I love this one!





 
Gosh, I could just eat him up!



Caleb is the best big brother. I love his expression in this one!





 
Another great one! I love that I caught them smiling at each other!














Noah is by far the most photogenic in our family!
 


I think it's kinda cool how everything is out of focus except his face




Comments

emily v. said…
Hey Carrie! I love watching your little men grow up. Glad all is well!
Hugs!
Emily V.
VogeltanzFamily.com

Popular Posts