We're Having A........

GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are absolutely shocked. We didn't think we could make girls! We asked the ultrasound tech over and over if she was sure and she showed us the "girl parts" about 5 different times. But more importantly, she is just perfectly healthy. She is quite stubborn and had her legs crossed for most of the ultrasound and simply refused to move! We thought we might not find out if she was a boy or girl. So, the ultrasound tech spent the first 20 minute showing us so many amazing things- her brain, all four chambers of her heart, her kidneys, her face, her upper lip, all of the bones in her legs and arms, her knees and elbows, her little feet. All perfect. Simply amazing. I honestly just laid there praising God. She only weights 10 ounces. She is only about 7 inches long, but she is a whole person. What a beautiful little miracle!!

Caleb got to go with us and it was priceless watching him watch her. Finally, the ultrasound tech had me turn on my side and that got little one to move. As soon as she found the legs and bottom I said, "Oh my gosh." I have seen three boys and this was not a boy! She said, "Yep, it's a girl!" Caleb's little mouth just dropped open. He has been wanting a sister.

If you know anything about me, you know that I truly, deeply, honestly did not care whether we had a boy or girl in there. I feel so very blessed to be a mother, so very blessed to carry four healthy babies, I really could care less what gender they turned out to be! And now we are in a tailspin here!! What do we do with a girl????

Her name is Eden Frances. Frances is my middle name. But it is so much more, too. My grandmother's name was Frances. My great aunt, Toss, who deeply impacted my life- her middle name was Frances. And Jack's grandmother, who deeply impacted his life- her middle name was Frances. This little one is inheriting quite a legacy! And Eden was the perfect place that God created for man. The place that He walked and talked and had perfect union with man. And the place He will one day restore. This is the verse we have chosen for our Eden:
"For the LORD comforts Zion... 
and makes her wilderness like Eden,
   her desert like the garden of the LORD;
joy and gladness will be found in her,
   thanksgiving and the voice of song." Isaiah 51:3

We are overwhelmed, shocked, happy, all-a-whirl! Will you pray with us for Eden? Pray for her to continue to grow safely in my womb. Pray that she will grow into a woman who loves the Lord. A woman filled with joy, gladness, thanksgiving and the voice of song. A woman who enjoys sweet fellowship with her Creator. 

 Eden's profile

 Another sweet profile

 I think this is my favorite! Her sweet profile with her bent arm touching her face. Love it!

Here is her girl shot. I labeled it for you. You can see that between the legs there is something missing!! :)

Comments

Popular Posts