Trying Babyfood and Another Shopping Trip

Well, I promised you pictures of Josiah's first attempt at babyfood so here they are:

 
He did great with the first few bites!

 He even swallowed them right down- no spitting!

 Unfortunately, that didn't last long! What a face!

I have to tell you, teaching a baby to eat with a spoon is on the top of my list of the most frustrating of things to do! I don't remember being this frustrated with Caleb and Noah, but I think my life was much more leisurely then so 30 minutes trying to get pears down wasn't a big deal! I asked Jack the other day how long it takes before they get the hang of it and quit pushing the spoon and the food out with their tongue. It's not that he doesn't like the pears, although I think he still isn't quite so sure about them, it's more that as he swallows he thrusts his tongue out and pushes all the pears out too! Oh well. He'll get it soon enough and then I'll look back and wonder where the time has gone! Today I got some great deals and as I am writing this the Babycook is steaming green beans, I just finished some peas, and I have sweet potatoes, carrots, peaches, and apples waiting in the wings! I made 7 jars of peas for $0.70! We'll see how many jars I get out of everything else.

Speaking of saving money. Here's this week's shopping trip:


 
Kroger-
Total Before Sales and Coupons: $29.54
Total Out of Pocket: $11.07
Total Savings: $18.47 (more than I spent!)

This picture is missing Baked Lays and a Tombstone Pizza cause we ate them for lunch as soon as we got home!
Publix:
Total Before Sales and Coupons: $83.48
Total Out of Pocket: $33.97
Total Savings: $49.51 (more than I spent!)

CVS:
Total Before Sales and Coupons: $31.96
Total Out of Pocket: $4.27
Total Savings: $27.69 (and I got $8.49 back to use next time!!)

So, altogether I spent $49.31 and I saved $95.67, plus I earned $8.49 in Extra Care Bucks at CVS. Pretty awesome! And in full disclosure, I also spent at Walmart this week- but not on weekly groceries. It is Jack's birthday Thursday so I got the stuff to make him a special birthday dinner and The Pioneer Woman's For Coffee Lovers Only Cake. And we are having a joint birthday party for Caleb and Noah this Saturday and I am making their cakes (I am not linking to these because they are pretty ambitious cakes and if they flop I'll be at Publix Saturday morning for a sheet cake!) and I needed drinks for the party. So even though I spent more than $49.31 this week, I am not counting it cause it was for special events! :)

Comments

Popular Posts