First Day of Kindergarten

Today was Caleb's first day of Kindergarten and my first day of teaching Kindergarten! We made the decision to homeschool our children, after much prayer and seeking God's will. Caleb and I have both been very excited for this day to come! I chose our curriculum back in May at a homeschool conference and have spent this summer getting ready. We have converted our playroom into a school/playroom combo. One wall is completely covered in school materials and we have a table set up that Caleb and I work on together.

Today went pretty well, all things considered. First, Noah and Josiah will be going to preschool at FBC Rock Hill two mornings a week, but they don't start until after labor day. So for the next three weeks I have all four kids here while I am teaching Caleb. Second, Eden had her 1 month well check at the pediatrician at 11:00 this morning. I had lots of activities planned to try to keep Noah and Josiah engaged while I worked with Caleb- and those thing kept their attention for about 30 seconds! Ok, so maybe a little longer than that, but still....... I even had things for Noah to do school with us, but..... all I know is that this adventure in homeschooling maybe be the hardest thing I've ever done with those two here!! Jack was here since I had to leave to take Eden to the doctor and he said he thought it went really well. And I guess all things considered it did. We started with calendar, which we all did together. And then moved into our Bible lesson, which we all did together. Then I moved to reading with Caleb and Noah did letter activities with us, while Josiah ran around and cried! Noah got bored quickly, so he and Josiah went to play in their room, which I think was for the best! We finished reading and started math, but then I had to leave to take Eden to the doctor. We finished our lessons this afternoon after Noah and Josiah were down for a nap! Whew! It was a little crazy, but we accomplished all I had set out to accomplish today and Caleb seemed to really enjoy it. I did, too, for that matter, even with the two crazies here!! I think once they start preschool we'll really be able to get a lot done on those days.

Here are some pictures from our first day of school!
The Kindergartner

His new favorite pose.... such a ham!

He asked if he could call me mommy at school!

Ahhh, the crazy ones



Comments

Elizabeth said…
Looks like you had a great first day of school. I love your calendar and schoolroom set up! You are a great mom and hope things go well your first year of homeschooling.
Elizabeth

Popular Posts