Love to Save

It's been a while since I've blogged about my grocery savings. I've still been saving tons, just haven't had the time to blog about it. But tonight was a good night.... well savings wise anyway! First, Jack had a student ministry event at church so I had to take the boys with me. When we got to Kroger, all of the "truck" carts were gone.... uh oh! So I let Caleb and Noah walk. Actually, they held on and rode on the cart. They did pretty good, although we kept being in aisles with the same two men over and over... they didn't seem to find us as cute as the women did! Then when we checked out of Kroger the sky had opened up- it was pouring buckets! What to do? Thankfully a Kroger employee was about to go out in the rain (presumably to get carts??) and I asked her if she could watch the boys while I ran and got the van. I got soaked, but the boys stayed dry. And wouldn't you know it, as I loaded the last bag of groceries in the car, it stopped raining. Then we were on to CVS.... for some reason whenever we go to CVS Noah turns into the Tasmanian devil... seriously! It only seems to happen in CVS... he runs up and down the aisles and won't listen and I end up chasing him.... tonight was no different and he ended up crying and sitting in the cart.. oh well. Finally we went to Publix, my favorite store ever. The boys happily sat in their spaceship cart, eating their free cookies and a nice bag boy walked me out to the van and loaded my groceries for me. Man I love that store! Anyway, enough about my trip, you wanna know how much I saved, right?

Kroger:
Total Before Sales and Coupons: $78.76
Total Out of Pocket: $46.19
Total Savings: $32.57
Not too bad considering there were three lbs of chicken breasts, two lbs of ground beef, two gallons of milk and produce along with the regular groceries!

CVS:
Total Before Sales and Coupons: $28.43
Total Out of Pocket: $2.97!!
Total Savings: $25.46
And I earned $7.98 back to use next week!

Publix:
Total Before Sales and Coupons: $39.31
Total Out of Pocket: $15.86
Total Saved: $23.45

All together tonight my total before sales and coupons was $146.50. My total out of pocket was $65.02 and my total savings were $81.48 + $7.98 CVS bucks for next week!! Pretty awesome!

Comments

Popular Posts