Mother's Day

Being a mother is beyond words. I love it. I love these three precious gifts from God. And I am exhausted by it. And I don't want to do anything else with my life. And I need a break. Get the picture? It is absolutely the most rewarding thing I have ever done. There is nothing, and I mean nothing, like hearing these boys say they love me or feeling their little hands in mine or watching them sleep or hearing their giggles. And it is also the hardest thing I've ever done. It challenges me like nothing else in my life ever has. It makes me rely on Jesus daily. It convicts me of the sin in my life. Being a mom is something I am good at. I multitask like no other, I have lots and lots of love to give, I kiss boo-boos with the best of them, I sing them songs every night at bedtime (they each have their own song), I cuddle, I play, I teach, I discipline. And it is something I am terrible at and need Jesus to do through me because I lose it, I am tired, I am lazy.

But most of all, being a mom is what I know God created me and called me to do. I know it with every fiber of my being. I cannot imagine my life any differently. I am so grateful everyday for the blessing of being a mom. And I know God has uniquely gifted me for it.

My mom is amazing and I am so thankful for her friendship. My mother-in-law is a blessing because I know that godly kids don't raise themselves. It's not an accident my husband is the godly man who I adore. Here's what I also know: Moms are superheroes. Moms can do anything. Dads would be lost without us. Here is an excerpt from an article that I read recently that I have found to be sooooooooooo true in my life!

"Fathers receive adulation like this all the time. If David has more than one of our children under his care for more than three minutes, people line up to tell him what an incredible father he is, even if I'm only in the restroom. Mothers, never. It's considered to be, merely, our job."

And so, because I love it and because it's hard and often unnoticed (unless you're a dad! ha!), I am thankful for mother's day- a whole day to celebrate moms! Heck yeah!

My mother's day was wonderful- Jack made breakfast, took me out to lunch and made dinner. He even cleaned the kitchen and told me to lay on the couch with my feet up! We played outside and the boys took sweet pictures with me. It was so nice to just sit and enjoy my boys, to be pampered and served. I felt very loved and very appreciated.

Here's to all the mothers out there! Treasure the little things, love your role, rest in Jesus, and know that you are a superhero!

Blessed So Much I Can't See Straight


Comments

Michelle said…
An absolutely awesome post Carrie! I agree 120%....When I was reading your post, it was like I was reading my own thoughts. (With the exception that I don't have 3 boys and I'm not married to Jack....hee hee hee). I needed to read this...thanks so much! From one mom to another I think you're doing a great job! And I LOVE that last picture...way too cute!
I can so relate to your post! God shows me my ugly flesh more than ever through motherhood. But what a gift! Glad you had a great mother's day:)
Mom said…
What a great post! You are not only a great mom, but a gifted writer! I love you!
Mom

Popular Posts