8 years.... and a day

Dear Siah,

Yesterday, you turned 8. Yes, I know. I'm a day late. What can I say? We just had too much fun this weekend celebrating you- I got distracted!

You are more fun that I knew a child of mine could be. You are funny and unpredictable and you keep us on our toes. Josiah, you're the kid in the family with the big emotions. If you are happy, you just shine with your happiness. And when you love, you love big. And when you are sad, well, let's just say you feel things deeply. I love that about you.

You have grown a lot this year- in a lot of ways. You are finally starting to enjoy reading. You've always been a good reader, but you just haven't really loved books. You still aren't there, yet, but when you read the Spiderwick Chronicles this year, something finally clicked with you and books. You are a math whiz. You just get it- and you love it. On Friday, you asked me to if you could do an extra math lesson- in a curriculum that is 2 grade levels ahead. Math is just your thing, I guess. Of all of the kids, you are the most natural athlete. You are fast and coordinated. Maybe sports will be your thing, too.

You still love Legos, and your Kindle. 9 times out of 10, if you have free time, those are the 2 things you want to do. You finally lost your first tooth last month! That feels like a big accomplishment at this point. You love music and you love to sing. You are begging me to start piano lessons, so, I guess we better get on that!

You have grown so much in your understanding of the Lord and his Word this year. When we have family devotions or our Bible time at school, I love listening to you explain what you are learning and talk about God. 

Josiah Robert, what a gift you are to this family. You bring the joy and the laughter up a level. You are fun and affectionate and you love big. Daddy and I are so thankful for you, buddy. We pray that God will keep revealing himself to you and that you will grow in faith, hope and love for Him. Happy 8th Birthday Siah! We love you, no matter what, forever and ever.




















Comments

Popular Posts