And He's 4

Oh my little Josiah. What do I say about you on your fourth birthday? Words fail me with you, Son. You. Are. Crazy. And fun. And funny. And so cute I could sometimes burst when I look at you. You are never off. Ever. You are always on, full speed. And I kind of love that about you (most of the time!). I have a feeling God's going to use that one day.

You are so smart. You are already reading short words and sounding out longer ones. You give the best hugs, really tight around the neck. You love to sing, although a lot of the time your singing becomes shouting. You still love to sing "Our God" at the top of your lungs. You love okra and squash and candy. Man, do you love candy. When you boys get to pick out of the treasure box at the end of school, Caleb and Noah always pick toys, but you always pick candy. Always.

You love Eden. And she adores you. But she also loves to beat you up and you don't like that very much. You are the only brother who challenges her so far. If she goes too far with you, you push right back. It's probably really good she has you in her life. She needs someone to say no to her.

You are never far behind Caleb and Noah at anything. I love to watch the three of you together. Love it.

You are still my snuggle bug. I don't know how much longer I have before you grow out of that, but I am treasuring every moment. You still love to curl up in my lap and snuggle.

You still love your belly button. And your thumb. Not sure how we're going to break those habits!

Dearest Josiah, you bring so much laughter, silliness and joy into this house. We are so thankful that God gave you to us. We pray for you everyday. We pray that God would give you a passion for His name and that He would use your unique gifts for His glory. Daddy and I think you are really awesome. We love you so much. Happy 4th Birthday buddy!!

We love you, no matter what, forever and ever!















Comments

Popular Posts