Mother's Day

What a wonderful holiday! I don't know that I deserved a day all about me, but I sure did enjoy it. All I wanted for Mother's Day was time with my boys- all three of them. Jack and I decided a year ago that we just couldn't afford to spend money on all of the little holidays- Valentines, Mothers Day, Fathers Day and even our two birthdays. So, as a result, we have become quite creative at making gifts and the day special. Yesterday, Jack made me a breakfast of homemade biscuits, we enjoyed a morning at church, had a quick lunch and took naps! Yay for naps! After naps, I got a sweet card made by Caleb and Noah and Jack made me a beautiful collage of pictures of me and Caleb and Noah with a verse from Proverbs 31. We all went outside and played in the yard together and Jack grilled out a wonderful dinner. And then we all went out for ice cream!

I couldn't have imagined a better day. The honest truth is that I loved it more than flowers or jewelry. There was a time in my life when I loved to get gifts, and well, let's be honest, I still enjoy a nice gift now and again. But more than anything, I love to be with my boys- I am so in love with my husband and I simply adore watching him with our boys. And Caleb is a joy to me- I smile more now in my life than ever before. Yesterday, I think Caleb must have known it was all about Mommy because I got lots of kisses and I loved every one. And my sweet baby Noah is getting his own little personality. His whole face lights up when he smiles and my insides melt.

Yesterday in church we sang "You Alone" and there is a line in the song that really resonated with me.... "You have given me more than I could ever have wanted..." How very true that is. And while I know the song writer was probably speaking about God's grace, mercy and salvation- all of which I am incredibly grateful for and are more than I deserve- as we sang the song I thought about Jack, Caleb and Noah. God has given me so much more than I could have ever imagined in my family. Who knew I could feel love like this? The beautiful collage Jack made quoted Proverbs 31. I know that I am nowhere near this virtuous woman, but as I see the great blessings in my life they make me want to strive to be the wife and mother of noble character that God has called me to be.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's out there- take some time to cherish the blessings of your families. Thank You Lord, for You truly have given me more than I could ever have wanted.
Mommy and Boys at Church

Daddy and Boys in the yard

Brotherly Love!

So happy!

Daddy and Caleb having fun!



Comments

Popular Posts